We are pleased to announce the LSST DESC 2019 Autumn/Winter Sprint Week at Texas A&M University!
LSST DESC 2019 Autumn/Winter Sprint Week
November 18-22, 2019
9 am – 6pm
Mitchell Institute for Fundamental Physics and Astronomy (MIST)
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX, USA
Registration deadline: November 1
The Sprint Week provides an opportunity for focused groups of DESC members to get together to work on specific projects. While the meeting is for an entire working week, we expect that hacks and sprints of various lengths will take place, and participants are welcome to attend for part of the time or to join us remotely. Scientists interested in joining DESC but not yet members are welcome to attend.
The registration is mandatory! Dinner is optional and will be held on Wednesday, Nov 20th – see registration form for details.
Both the registration and questionnaire are required to attend!
- Begin by visiting the hotel’s website at www.thegeorgetexas.com.
- From this page, block “reservations” in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Select the group’s arrival and departure date and change the “promo code” drop down box to “group/block”.
- The Group Code is: DESCSW644. Once the code and dates have been entered, all of the rooms available within the block should show up.
- Guests can also call reservations at 1-844-599-3871 and reference the group code or name to book their rooms if they prefer this method. Here is also a great map to share with your attendees to assist them in navigating our property.
- Breakfast is included with the room and is a short walk from the venue.
- College Station – https://flyeasterwood.com/
- Houston – https://www.fly2houston.com/
- Austin – http://www.austintexas.gov/airport
Contact Monique Glover at email@example.com with questions